A Wedding Ceremony I Have Attended in Papar, Sabah

Posted by Paul Sadai | Posted in | Posted on Monday, February 08, 2010

Congratulation to Thomas Colin and his wife, Florence Joan, on his wedding ceremony held on the 6th of February. I came all the way from Kuching to attend his wedding. Actually, he is my second cousin from my wife side. So, I would like to highlight the events on the day. The location of the event is in Sabah, East Malaysia in case you are wondering the whereabout.
Colin the one above, looked pale...too much power waste. Whereas below...Ops! you are putting too much pressure onto your wife. Relax man! The nite is still young.
Easy man! you can make it.

Posing for the last time before shoving through the cakes but to my mind he kept on thinking the amazing experience he has been through. Tulah kau...suruh kahwin lama dulu endah mau. Actually he has been marrying for the past one week and this is call the 'Babad' in Sabah.

The cutting of cakes

The tossing of drink to Mr Thomas Colin and his wife.

A tossing was done a few times I couldn't recall but the one below was the bride and the bridesgroom parents. The man in black is Mr Albert James, my cousin and our big brother. He looked cool but he cried at one time...crying of happiness, I guess.

Waiting for someone?

The couple dancing on the floor with guests

Posing for the camera...they are my in-laws. You aren't handsome and matured yet till you grow hairs or moustache.

Me with Ignatius and Geofrey S.Sikajat

Mr Grimaldi was showing his skills in playing kulingtangan

Apart from the live band, there were two kulingtangans group competing with one another. It was so hot.

These are the giant Gongs.

There were many cowboys on the day and this fellow down here was one of the most outstanding and best attire of course after the bride and the bridesgroom but there were no horses...they all came by cars. He sang his favourite cowboy number. Actually he didn't know that I could sing Acky Breaky Heart...otherwise. Wait till I get my topi...

Me and Mr Ben the cowboy guy

Mr Ephraim one of the lead guitar of the Energetic Soul Bannd was also there. This fellow has been playing in Penang, Kuching , Bintulu, Miri , Labuan and of course throughout Sabah.

Another cowboys

I wonder what happened to this cowboy...so excited on seeing me.

Sumandak guests

The photo below...Are they alike? They looked like one. Incredible posing! The one in front has grown a lot of hair on the chin but the one at the back has none. Thick hair and hair everywhere. This shows that the janggut one is older than the other. The mouth, the teeth, eyes and eye brows all the same. Hi! Adrian still busy with life huh! our time is over, you can make it.

This cowboy is latuk. He looks quite weak but his mouth is still spicy.

This is a regular scene with beers and sup segumau...under a tree.

Guests at the other side of the tent

Fantastic! there were so red dress ladies. Pretty women

Beautiful sumandak...but sorry guys they are fully booked.

This is how the wedding ceremony look like in Sabah. Probably, there are similarities and differences with those weddings in the other parts of the world. But guys can't you see after looking at the photos, I feel that I am in Sri Lanka.

Comments (1)

  1. Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Post a Comment